Thursday, November 30, 2006

Race – Bike & T2

Out to the bike, hop on and ride down the other helix and out for 112 miles. About 4 minutes into the bike there was a large crack in the road and there's a volunteer pointing out the crack and and yelling to hold on to your water bottles. LAUNCH! There goes one of 4 water bottles. I think about 15-20 minutes into the bike it started to rain. This is going to be an even longer day...a rainy day! I hear “nice swim" as “K" rides quickly by me on his Felt B2...he’s strong on the bike and super strong on the run. Wow, I was surprised to be out of the water before "K." Wisconsin is a very hilly bike course. Wet roads and trying to really push it, it took a large amount of concentration. I never thought a would do 43 MPH in the rain, downhill, with some good crosswind sections, BUT this was the Ironman!!!! Half way through the bike I stop grab the special needs bag, re-suppuly, and down a Red Bull. Out to go at it again for the second loop, trying to push, but also keep the “metering" of energy in check. I was so stoked to make the turn back to Madison. On the final few miles it was into the wind, raining, it SUCKED, and then you've got to ride up that freakn'’ helix again! It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but at that time it was. Bike done and feeling pretty decent. **Bike time 6:41:14** Into T2, it felt so good to take off these cold wet clothes. Dry socks...so good! Change and make sure you've got everything. **T2 9:27**

No comments: