Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"off season"


In this wonderful sport and lifestyle it's hard for us "type-A" personalities to take time off. I highly recommend it! I am fortunate enough to have been married for 10 years. In our society's current state, I am very proud of this accomplishment. We were lucky enough to get some time alone, and we went on our first cruise. It was great! Although I brought gear to do some "light" running...it never came out of my suitcase. I was a bit disappointed, but the more I thought about it I realized it no big deal. It has actually helped! I feel re-energized and ready to continue to work on maintaining a strong "base." If you can take a week off...relax, reflect, be thankful for what is in your life, and thankful you are able to participant in this great sport!

No comments: