Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Tour starts Saturday!


It's July and that means the Tour de France is on! I was I could watch it everyday. There is always something happening, good and bad. This year is shrouded under a black cloud of doping. I am torn...I really love the sport of cycling, but hate cheaters! I will watch the Tour with a passion because I enjoy it so much. I really hope we are turning a corner with regard to doping. The teams are taking a strong stance and implamenting very comprehensive anti-doping programs of their own. The UCI's new rule of a fine of one year's salery if found guilty of doping as well as a a ban from the sport for a duration I can't remember. I hope and pray that the sport cleans up so that I may again be 110% excited about a GREAT sport. A sport with great traditions, unwriten rules that are respectful and hold so much honor.

No comments: